Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

"A Call from the Principal"

I answered the phone Friday morning and the principal from the Emma's elementary school was calling. My stomach dropped. A call from the principal...can that ever be good??


She said that she had Emma there in her office and that she had something she wanted to tell me...(YIKES, I am thinking...can't be good...)


Then there is this little voice saying, "mom, I won the t-shirt contest!" Whew!!! I thought. Then I was so very proud of her. (and my mind is flashing back to the rules, recalling if I had been too much HELP....and I wasn't-another whew!)


She was so tickled. And I got off the phone very tickled for her. My quiet, bespeckled, sometimes struggles in school- Emma. Let't have a cheer for Emma.
The principal went on to tell me that her design will be made into t-shirts and then put on book bags and back packs. How cool is that???

She also won a gift certificate from a local clay studio and a big bunch of balloons.

So let's have a big cheer for Emma!! WAY TO GO EMMA!!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Yay for Miss Emma! Yaaaaay!

Brittnie said...

Good job Emma! That's so cool! We'll keep our eyes open for your stuff in Target!!