Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The spirit remembers much better than the body.

Wahoo! Let's hear it for volleyball! Let's hear it for Thursday evenings from 9 pm until late (try 11 pm and after!) Let's hear it for getting a real kick out of playing again after (ahem) 34 years.


Our stake has organized womens volleyball and boy, has it taken off. The first time I went there were barely enough for 4 teams. Last week we had double the number and we were getting ticked off because we came to play, not to sit on the sidelines.... (we are not getting any younger!)

But we have a GREAT time! There are all sorts of women there, young and tall, short and fat, and everything in between. We cheer for everything. And we laugh a lot. And we are pretty darn good too. Especially when we don't keep score...




Oh, yeah, we come home with a few bumps and bruises. And I stock up on Aleve before and after I go....and wish I could do that overhand serve that about takes someone's head off...so cool. I just keep doing it the old 1970's version and it still works pretty good. And I can hardly wait until Thursday.












1 comment:

mommaj said...

No Ryne is not writing to you, it's me--you know the "real" volley ball player of the family--oh for heavens sakes it's me Stephanie! I want to play volley ball and I don't even care that I can't serve overhand--Mary Lou never taught us that manuever. Good times!