Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

thankful...day 14

With having a birthday, I couldn't help but reflect on how much this pair means to me. I was born on a really cold winter night and was a puny, bald little thing. I was also the third daughter born to a farmer that really could have used a boy by now....but never made me feel like I was a disappointment in any way.


My parents are my heroes. They lived and raised us 6 kids in a wonderful, hard working lifestyle. I felt like I was the luckiest kid alive to be raised on a farm and work along side of my dad. I got to do things that challenged me and were fun all wrapped into one. My mom taught me how to be a lady and love beautiful things. Come to think of it, I am STILL the luckiest girl alive, to still have their great influence in my life.

1 comment:

mommaj said...

What a great picture! They like me best!