Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful for pink blankets....

I have been pretty darn bad at this Thankful thing. Well, at least bad when I forget to blog about it. Am I more aware of being thankful? Yes, and I have decided that today I am dedicating the whole week of being Thankful to my daughters. Oh, how they have enriched my life.

I can't believe how incredibly blessed I am to have 4 daughters.

There is my oldest Alicia, now a mommy herself, with all the sweetness, humor and beauty allowed. Rachel, my redhead. Smart in things Hebrew and who loves a good recipe and things beautiful. Stacey, the one talented, lover of animals with a heart as big as any. My baby, Emma, who's goodness and kind heart keeps me young and happy.


But today I am going to blog about my oldest daughter, my first little girl friend, my shadow.

She came to us on a cold spring night in the wild west town of Rock Springs. I was so excited that night that I didn't sleep at all. A girl! I had a baby girl. Little did I know what a wonderful life she would bring into mine.

We have been pals for a very long time now. We even dressed alike one Easter...
Even during the "teenage years", this girl was a great daughter.

I won't talk about how it felt when she left home for college. Ever have your arm cut off? Yeah, that is what I imagine it would feel like. Lots of crying and wailing and being very sad.

She let me visit her at the Y and we talked everyday on the phone.
And then she found her prince charming and I let her go again. She really was happy about it...really.

And well let's just say that the laughter has never waned. I am proud of all that she has done. (OKAY ALMOST EVERYTHING...)

But my proudest thing? That she now has a sweet daughter, shadow, necklace loving daughter of her own. And the best thing she can do for me? Love that daughter just like she has loved her mom. Like a Best Friend...


































































3 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh man, making me cry and everything...

Thanks for such a sweet post. I couldn't be one bit luckier, considering I already scored you as my mom.

IS IT CHRISTMAS YET??

Erick and Megan said...

Making me cry too! I love that you too are so close! Beautiful post!

Janae said...

I found your blog on Alicia's blog and I got all excited! You are such a cool lady Sister Sleight!